Man Hurt By Exploding Droid 2 Smartphone!

Posted by on Dec 5th, 2010 and filed under Featured, Tech Stuff. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

A man from Cedar Hill has claimed to have been injured in the face when his cell phone exploded in his ear.

Aron Embry was getting to his car and making a call when he suddenly heard a “pop” sound near his ear. He took his Motorola Droid 2 from his ear and felt something dripping from his face. He did not feel any pain, so Embry went inside the house and saw in his bathroom mirror that blood was dripping from his ear. When he looked at his cell phone though, he saw that the screen had burst outward.

But his phone was still functioning though, and the battery was still intact.

He did not go straight to the hospital though as he went to the Ray Elementary in Cedar Hill where his wife works to tell what had happened, as well as take pictures of his injury. That’s when Embry’ wife, Kara, called 911 and he was rushed to the emergency room of Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.

Embry had four stitches to his ear, but was fortunate that no eardrum was damaged and no hearing loss. But despite that, the Texas man plans to hire a lawyer and contact Motorola in order to get help from the expenses he spent on the stitches.

Motorola issued a statement saying that their priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and “all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly.”

But not all believe Embry’s story. Mobile expert Daniel Harrison said that in his 10 years in the cell phone business, he has never heard of cell phones exploding, especially on Droids because these are great devices. “But it looks to me like it wasn’t something that was just a manufacture defect. It looks like it was actually user caused.”

I agree with Harrison. Embry might now know it, but maybe he hasn’t been taking care of his Droid carefully and maybe aspects such as overcharging may have triggered the small explosion. Overcharging can cause damage to the phone and maybe even the way Embry uses his phone could have caused the explosion. This should teach us that we should really take care of our cell phones to avoid accidents such as this one. Hopefully, this incident is a lesson learned for mobile phone users.

Share

Leave a Reply

Advertisement
PINOYTUTORIAL OFFICIAL THEME FOR LIFEBYTES